When you use MiDrivA, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information. We recommend that you read this article, which highlights key points about our privacy practices (including what information we collect, when we collect it, and how we use it).
Last Modified: 10 September, 2018
Data Collections And Uses
This policy applies to users of MiDrivA's services anywhere in the world, including users of MiDrivA's apps, websites, features or other services.
This policy describes how MiDrivA and its affiliates collect and use personal information to provide our services. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, features or other services anywhere in the world. This policy specifically applies to:
- Riders: users who request or receive transportation
- Drivers: users who provide transportation individually or through partner transportation companies
- Delivery Recipients: users who request deliveries of food or other items
- Delivery Partners: users who provide delivery services
This policy also applies to those who provide information to MiDrivA in connection with an application to use our services, or whose information MiDrivA otherwise receives in connection with its services (such as contact information of individuals associated with MiDrivA Eat restaurant partners). All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” for purposes of this policy.
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us if you have questions on our practices in your country or region.
MiDrivA provides services to users throughout the world. If you use our services in the Belize, MiDrivA, is the data controller for your information. If you use our services in the European Union or elsewhere, MiDrivA is the data controller.
We process personal information inside and outside of the United States.
If you live in the United States, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected by MiDrivA or its affiliates is:
Branch Mouth Road
San Ignacio, Cayo, Belize
Questions, comments and complaints about MiDrivA's data practices can be submitted to MiDrivA's data protection office through here.
We process personal information inside and outside of the United States. MiDrivA transfers information of users' outside the United States on the basis of mechanisms approved under applicable laws.
The Information We Collect
- Information that you provide to MiDrivA, such as when you create your MiDrivA account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as MiDrivA partners and third parties that use MiDrivA APIs.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of MiDrivA:
- Information you provide
This may include:
- User profile: We collect information when you create or update your MiDrivA account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your MiDrivA account.
- Background check information: We may collect background check information if you sign up to use MiDrivA’s services as a driver or delivery partner. This may include information such as your driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a vendor on MiDrivA’s behalf.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
- User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact MiDrivA customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact MiDrivA.
- Address book or calendar: If you permit the MiDrivA app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book for purposes such as facilitating social interactions through our services. If you permit the MiDrivA app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
- Information created when you use our services
This may include:
- Location Information
Depending on the MiDrivA services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a driver or delivery partner, MiDrivA collects location information when the MiDrivA app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- If you are a rider, MiDrivA may collect location information when the MiDrivA app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, MiDrivA may also collect this information when the MiDrivA app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Riders and delivery recipients may use the MiDrivA app without enabling MiDrivA to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your MiDrivA app. For example, if you do not enable MiDrivA to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your trip, even if you have not enabled MiDrivA to collect your location information.
- Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage information
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Statement pg.
- Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Communications data
We enable users to communicate with each other and MiDrivA through the MiDrivA apps, websites, and other services. For example, we enable drivers and riders, and delivery partners and recipients, to call or text each other (in some countries, without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, MiDrivA receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. MiDrivA may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
- Information from other sources
These may include:
- User feedback, such as as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- MiDrivA business partners through which you create or access your MiDrivA account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use MiDrivA’s APIs or whose API MiDrivA uses (such as when you order a ride through Google Maps).
- Insurance providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner).
- Financial services providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner).
- Partner transportation companies (if you are a driver who uses our services through an account associated with such a company).
- The owner of an MiDrivA for Business or MiDrivA Family profile that you use.
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
MiDrivA may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
MiDrivA collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
MiDrivA may sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
MiDrivA uses the information it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features
MiDrivA uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services. This includes automated processing of your information to enable Dynamic Pricing, in which the price of a ride is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance of the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of riders and drivers using MiDrivA at a given moment.
- Process or facilitate payments for those services.
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- To track the progress of your ride or delivery.
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver, refer a friend to MiDrivA, split fares, or share your ETA.
- Enable features to personalize your MiDrivA account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations.
- Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services, such as those which enable deaf or hard-of-hearing drivers to alert their riders of their disabilities, allow only text messages from riders, and to receive flashing trip request notifications instead of sound notifications.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
- Screening drivers and delivery partners prior to enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks where permitted by law, to prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers.
- Using information from drivers’ devices to identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to raise awareness among drivers regarding such behaviors.
- our Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts drivers to share a selfie before going online. This helps ensure that the driver using the app matches the MiDrivA account we have on file, preventing fraud and helping to protect other users.
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information, in certain countries, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases such incidents may lead to deactivation by means of an automated decision making process. Users in the EU have have the right to object to this type of processing; see Section II.I.1.d for more information
- Using user ratings to encourage improvement by affected users, and as grounds for deactivating users with ratings below a certain minimum as may be required in their region. Calculation and deactivation may be done through an automated decision making process. Users in the EU have have the right to object to this type of processing; see Section II.I.1.d for more information.
- Customer support
MiDrivA uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Communications among users
MiDrivA uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver may text or call a rider to confirm a pickup location, or a restaurant or delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
- Communications from MiDrivA
MiDrivA may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
MiDrivA may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as an MiDrivA user. Users in the EU have have the right to object to this type of processing; see Section II.I.1.d for more information.
MiDrivA may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
- Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of MiDrivA's services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of MiDrivA's products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
MiDrivA may share the information we collect:
- With other users
- For example, if you are a rider, we may share your first name, average rider rating given by drivers, and pickup and/or dropoff locations with drivers. If you share an MiDrivAPOOL trip with another rider, that rider may be told your name and may see your pickup and/or dropoff location.
- If you are a driver or delivery partner, we may share information with your rider(s) including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location; average rating provided by riders; total number of trips; for how long you have been using the MiDrivA app; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past riders have submitted about you. The rider/delivery recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, photo, and a map of the route you took.
- At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request. For example, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you split a fare with a friend.
- MiDrivA business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, MiDrivA may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs, vehicle suppliers, or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom MiDrivA may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
- With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users -- including through public forums such as MiDrivA blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
- With the owner of MiDrivA accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
- A driver using an account owned by a partner transportation company.
- A rider who takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile.
- With MiDrivA subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, MiDrivA processes and stores information in the Belize on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With MiDrivA service providers and business partners
MiDrivA may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Background check providers (drivers and delivery partners only).
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with MiDrivA or on MiDrivA’s behalf.
- Vendors that assist MiDrivA to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Fleet partners.
- Insurance and financing partners.
- Yandex Taxi and other local providers.
- Restaurant partners.
- Vehicle solution vendors or third party vehicle suppliers.
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
MiDrivA may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect MiDrivA’s rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- With your consent
MiDrivA may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
MiDrivA retains user profile and other information for as long as you maintain your MiDrivA account.
MiDrivA retains transaction, location, usage and other information for 5 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance or other requirements in the places in which it operates. MiDrivA thereafter deletes or anonymizes such information in accordance with applicable laws.
If you withdraw consent to the collection or use of personal information for optional features, such as features that use your calendar or address book, MiDrivA deletes such personal information.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Following such request, MiDrivA deletes the information that it is not required to retain, and restricts access to or use of any information it is required to retain.
MiDrivA requires user profile information in order to provide its services, and retains such information for as long you maintain your MiDrivA account.
MiDrivA retains certain information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, for a minimum of 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. Once such information is no longer necessary to provide MiDrivA's services, enable customer support, enhance the user experience or other operational purposes, MiDrivA takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through the Privacy Settings in the MiDrivA app, or via MiDrivA's website (riders and delivery recipients “can’t delete my account”; drivers and delivery partners contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
Following such request, MiDrivA deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, MiDrivA may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, MiDrivA will delete your account as described above.
MiDrivA may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if MiDrivA shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, MiDrivA may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new MiDrivA account in the future.
Special Information For EU Users
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This section summarizes MiDrivA’s grounds for processing personal information under the GDPR, and the rights of EU users as relates to MiDrivA’s handling of personal information.
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This section provides information as relates to EU users' rights, and MiDrivA's responsibilities, under this regulation.
- EU User Rights
If you are an MiDrivA user in the EU, you have the following rights with respect to MiDrivA's handling of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please see below or submit your request email@example.com .
Users outside the EU may also request explanation, correction, deletion or copies of their personal data firstname.lastname@example.org .
- a. Explanation and copies of your data
- You have the right to request an explanation of the information that MiDrivA has about you and how MiDrivA uses that information.
- You also have the right to receive a copy of the information that MiDrivA collects about you if collected on the basis of consent or because MiDrivA requires the information to provide the services that you request.
- b. Correction
- If MiDrivA has information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information. Please see the section titled “Explanation, Copies and Correction” below for more information on correcting, or requesting correction of, your information.
- c. Deletion
- Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Users may requests deletion through the Privacy Settings menu in the MiDrivA app, or via MiDrivA's website (riders and delivery recipients see below; drivers and delivery partners email@example.com ). We may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
- Please see the “Information Retention & Deletion” section above for more information regarding MiDrivA's retention and deletion practices.
- d. Objections and complaints
- Users in the EU have the right to object to MiDrivA's processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and/or automated decision making. MiDrivA may continue to process your information notwithstanding the objection to the extent permitted under GDPR.
- Users in the EU also have the right to file a complaint relating to MiDrivA's handling of your personal information with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Their contact information is as follows:
2509 AJ DEN HAAG
(+31) - (0)70 - 888 85 00
- You may also submit questions, comments or complaints to MiDrivA's Data Protection Officer.
- Grounds for Processing
The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so on the basis of specific legal grounds. As described below, MiDrivA processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR:
- a. The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request
- MiDrivA must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes:
- User profile information that is necessary to establish and maintain your account, including to verify your identity; enable communications with you about your trips, orders and accounts; and to enable you to make payments or receive earnings.
- Background check Information necessary to enable drivers to provide transportation services through the MiDrivA app.
- Driver location Information, which is necessary to match drivers with riders, and to track trips while in-progress and suggest navigation.
- Transaction information, which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with your use of MiDrivA's services.
- Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimize and enhance MiDrivA's services, including to determine, sometimes in combination with other information, incentives, connect riders and drivers, and calculate costs of trips and driver earnings.
- Collection and use of this information is a requirement for using MiDrivA's apps.
- b. The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of our users or of others
- MiDrivA may process personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.
- c. The processing is necessary for MiDrivA's legitimate interests
- MiDrivA collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information:
- To maintain and enhance our users' safety and security. For example, we collect background check information (where permitted by law) to prevent unsafe users from providing services through our apps. We also use personal information to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining information of banned users to prevent their use of MiDrivA's apps. We also use usage information to prevent matching of riders and drivers for whom there is higher risk of conflict (e.g., because they have been the subject of prior complaints from other users).
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services. For example, MiDrivA uses user profile, location, device and usage information, to identify and prevent circumstances when users attempt to defraud MiDrivA or other users.
- To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety.
- To provide customer support.
- To optimize our service and develop new services. This includes, for example, identifying the best pick-up / drop locations, recommending (new) features, improving navigation, and enhancing pricing and matching riders and drivers or delivery recipients and partners.
- For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing usage trends to improve the user experience and enhance the safety and security of our services.
- For direct marketing purposes. This includes, for example, analysing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs.
- To enforce MiDrivA's Terms of Service.
- d. The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of other persons or parties
- MiDrivA collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims, to protect the rights and safety of others.
- MiDrivA may also process personal information when necessary in regards to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
- e. The processing is necessary to fulfill MiDrivA's legal obligations
- MiDrivA is subject to legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which it operates that require us to collect, process, disclose and retain your personal data. For example, MiDrivA is subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain information about your trips, to retain such information for extended periods of time, and to provide copies of such information to governmental or other authorities. MiDrivA uses your information to comply with such laws to the extent they apply to your use of the MiDrivA apps.
- MiDrivA may also share information with law enforcement, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
- f. Consent
- MiDrivA may collect and use your information on the basis of your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. If you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
- MiDrivA relies on consent in connection with data collections or uses that are necessary to enhance the user experience, to enable optional services or features, or to communicate with you. If you are an EU user, the following types of data collections or uses are done on the basis of your consent.
- Location Information (Riders)
- Share Live Location (Riders)
- Notifications: Account and Trip Updates
- Notifications: Discounts and News
- Address Book / Contacts
- Calendar Syncing
- Accessibility features
- Please see the Choice & Transparency section below for further information about these data collections and uses, how to opt in or out of them, and the effect of opting out of these on your use of MiDrivA's apps.
- MiDrivA may also collect personal information about you through voluntary surveys. Your responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent, and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.
Choice And Transparency
MiDrivA provides means for you to see and control the information that MiDrivA collects, including through:
- in-app privacy settings
- device permissions
- in-app ratings pages
- marketing opt-outs
You may also request that MiDrivA provide you with explanation, copies or correction of your data.
- PRIVACY SETTINGS
The Privacy Settings menu in the MiDrivA user app gives users the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from MiDrivA. Information on these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings are described below.
- Location Information
- MiDrivA uses rider's device location services to make it easier to get a safe, reliable ride whenever you need one. Location data helps improve our services, including pickups, navigation, and customer support.
- You may enable/disable, or adjust, MiDrivA's collection of rider location information at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the MiDrivA app, or via the settings on your mobile device. If you disable the device location services on your device, your use of the MiDrivA app will be affected. For example, you will need to manually enter your pickup or dropoff locations.
- Share Live Location (Riders)
- If you have enabled the device location services on your mobile device, you may also enable MiDrivA to share your location with your driver from the time you request a ride to the start of your trip. This makes it easier for your driver to pick you up.
- You may enable/disable location sharing with your driver at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the MiDrivA app. You may use the MiDrivA app if you have not enabled location sharing, but it may be more difficult for your driver to locate you.
- Notifications: Account and Trip Updates
- MiDrivA provides users with trip status notifications and updates related to your account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the MiDrivA app, and cannot be disabled. However, you may choose the method by which you receive these notifications through the Privacy Settings menu in the MiDrivA app.
- Notifications: Discounts and News
- You may enable MiDrivA to send you push notifications about discounts and news from MiDrivA. You may enable/disable these notifications at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the MiDrivA app.
- Address Book / Contacts
- You may enable MiDrivA to periodically sync with the address book / contacts information on your mobile device, and store your contacts information on our servers. This includes the names, phone numbers, emails addresses and other information that you store in your address book contacts. This information is necessary to enable features such as fare splitting, sharing your trip status, and make personalized recommendations for you and other riders.
- You may enable/disable contacts syncing at any time via the Privacy Settings menu in the MiDrivA app. If you disable contacts syncing, you will not be able to use features that use your contacts information.
- Calendar Syncing
- You may enable MiDrivA to access and store the calendar data on your mobile device. Your calendar data might include event titles; responses (Yes, No, Maybe); start and end time of event; associated location descriptions; and number of attendees. We use this information to suggest destinations based on your calendar events and to customize your MiDrivA experience.
- You may enable/disable Calendar Syncing at any time through the Calendar Shortcuts menu under the Settings menu of the MiDrivA app. If you disable Calendar Syncing, you will not be able to use features that use your calendar information.
- DEVICE PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the MiDrivA app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the MiDrivA app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
- RATINGS LOOK-UP
After every trip, drivers and riders are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the trip went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both drivers and riders.
Your rider rating is available in the main menu of the MiDrivA rider app.
Your driver rating is available in the Ratings tab of the MiDrivA Partner app.
- EXPLANATIONS, COPIES AND CORRECTION
You may request that MiDrivA:
- Provide a detailed explanation regarding the information MiDrivA has collected about you and how it uses that information.
- Receive a copy of the information MiDrivA has collected about you.
- Request correction of any inaccurate information that MiDrivA has about you.
You can make these requests by contacting MiDrivA firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in MiDrivA's apps. You can also look up your trips, orders and deliveries history in the MiDrivA apps.
- MARKETING OPT-OUTS
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from MiDrivA email@example.com . You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from MiDrivA by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If you use our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the MiDrivA apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.
Effective Date: 10 September, 2018
Cookies and Related Technologies Overview
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media, and advertisements that are used to remember your browser or device during and across website visits. We also utilize other technologies that may identify you or the devices you use. For example, “pixel tags” (also called beacons) are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a webpage, app, or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including for example: device type, operating system, browser type and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address, advertising identifiers, and other similar information, including the small text file (the cookie) that uniquely identifies the device. Pixels provide the means by which third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the permission of the domain owner. “Local storage” refers generally to other places on a browser or device where information can be stored by websites, ads, or third parties (such as HTML5 local storage and browser cache). “Software Development Kits” (also called SDKs) function like pixels and cookies, but operate in the mobile app context where pixels and cookies cannot always function. The primary app developer can install pieces of code (the SDK) from partners in the app, and thereby allow the partner to collect certain information about user interaction with the app and information about the user device and network information.
Advertising Synchronization & Relevancy
In order to facilitate the most relevant ads possible, MiDrivA works with various service providers who assist us in delivering similar ads to end users across devices and platforms. For example, we work with social media advertising services to provide you with relevant ads based on your MiDrivA activity through their media channels. We may also use service providers to provide you with a similar ad on a mobile website or mobile application as with a traditional website ad. See below for more information on your choices to limit these types of advertising.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the "Help" or “Preferences” menu. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link, and we have indicated where this is possible in the table below.
Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies which may be used by us or our partners in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit this site for more information. For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit https://youradchoices.com/ and www.youronlinechoices.eu for EU visitors.
For mobile users, you have controls in your device Operating System that enables you to choose whether to allow cookies, or share your advertising ID with companies like MiDrivA or our advertising service providers. For information on controlling your mobile choices, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
To help control or block certain ads in mobile applications, you may choose to download and utilize the DAA mobile app, https://youradchoices.com/appchoices
Types and Purposes of Cookies
The following table sets out the different categories of cookies that our Services use and why we use them. The lists of third party cookie providers are intended merely as illustrative and should not be viewed as a comprehensive list.
|Type of Cookie||Purpose||Who Serves (for example)|
|Strictly Necessary||These cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) are essential to enable your use of the site or services, such as assisting with your account login, so we can show you the appropriate experience and features such as your account information, trip history, and to edit your account settings. They may also provide authentication, site security, and help localize the language based on the geography of your visit.||· MiDrivA|
|Advertising||These cookies and pixels are used to deliver relevant ads, track email marketing or ad campaign performance and efficiency. For example, we and our ad partners may rely on information gleaned through these cookies to serve you ads that may be interesting to you on other websites. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie, attribution service or another similar technology to determine whether we’ve served an ad and how it performed or provide us with information about how you interact with them.||· MiDrivA|
|Mobile-Specific||These service providers use various technologies to deliver relevant mobile ads, track mobile marketing or mobile ad campaign performance and efficiency.||· Google|
I am unable to delete my MiDrivA account
First, try to delete your account with the link below. If you have tried this and still cannot delete your account, you can submit your request using the prompts on this page.
If you request to delete your MiDrivA account, it will be immediately deactivated. After 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted. Deleting your account will also permanently remove any credit, promotions, or rewards linked to your account.
Please note that MiDrivA may retain certain information after account deletion as required or permitted by law.
If you decide to keep your account, you can restore it within 30 days of deactivation by signing in on your app or on web.
Tell us why you were unable to delete your account firstname.lastname@example.org